- In their product group, the Dashware Thinkware X550 is one of the high-end models, which draw from the recording of traffic around the vehicle, an extensive added value.
- On the one hand, the two-part camera system documents all processes and unexpected events around the front and rear areas of the moving and parked cars.
- On the other hand, the technical equipment allows a comprehensive orientation in the traffic flow and offers additional functions such as lane departure and Auffahrassistenten with distance measurement and various warning systems.
- In addition to indications of red traffic lights and traffic-calmed zones, the driver can also issue warnings of speed controls.
- However, the use of a speed camera warning system in Germany takes place in a legal gray area and can lead to a purchase.
- The performance is enough for recording videos in Full HD quality with a sharpness of 1,929 x 1,080.
- At a frame rate of 30 frames per minute, a reasonable, but not outstanding, speed of operation is achieved.
- For the recording of the video, picture and sound recordings different function modes are selectable.
- In addition to an automatic ongoing, a manual operation is just as possible as an event-driven use and a monitoring of the parked vehicle.
- A 3D accelerometer registers unexpected pitfalls and gives the impulse to store the recordings in the time frame of the event.
- A double backup – on one up to 64 gigabytes of large microSD card, as well as on a 215 MB large internal memory – prevents a loss of records in case of accident damage.
- To manage the media library, a smartphone or tablet can access the dashcam via the built-in Wi-Fi interface.
- In new vehicles with extensive on-board electronics, the assistance and warning systems offered may have been integrated ex works.
Thinkware X550 Full Review Blackboxmycar
Thinkware X Dash Cam Review
We take a look at Thinkware’s X550 Dash Cam with Full HD recording, GPS tracking and a very comprehensive driver safety alert
Thinkware X550 D FullHD 1080P 2-Channel Camera 32GB SD Card Front And Rear Camera- BlackboxMyCar Decal Included
- The video quality is one of the best in the 2 channel market as it uses the Ambarella A7 chipset and Sony Exmor CMOS sensors with a number of firmware refinements such as super night vision mode.
- Built-in GPS on the X550 not only logs speed and location but allows for advanced driver safety systems (LDWS, FCWS, and Safety Camera Alerts).