- At the same time, one also notices how revolutionary the EX1 was at the time, as the basic concept of the camera still sets itself apart well from the competition two years later at virtually unchanged price.
- This also includes the fact that the expensive SxS cards got cheap offshoots and there are adapters for SDHC.
- One point wins the R version over the predecessor.
- Almost all criticisms of the EX1, especially in the area of switches / ergonomics were addressed and improved with the EX1R.
- For good 6000 euros, there is excellent image quality, robust workmanship, complete equipment and thoughtful operation.
- Sony takes fortunately also a little consideration for ambitious amateurs and is home-compatible thanks to HDMI and memory card adapter.
- The viewfinder, now free-handed in front of the eye, showed – unlike the predecessor – a sharp, color-true image with 852 x 480 lines.
- Per peaking and double magnification help it can be precisely focused.
- Sony has arranged the controls significantly better.
- The new model has been edited with the help of user recommendations so that it now offers optimal operation and perfect feel.
- A few new features have also been integrated.
- In addition to various HD formats, the PMW-EX1R also records videos in the standard PAL format with 720 x 576 pixels.
- That’s fine for a professional council with convincing technical equipment.
- Its monitor size reaches 3.5 inches at 921,000 pixels.
- The EX1R is thus no longer alone in their product environment.
- The fact that digital SLR cameras with video function now even succeed in the low light area even better pictures, makes the decision for an EX1R not just easier.
- The SxS card offers more security in data management.
- Sony missed the EX 1 in the equally expensive Reloaded version of a face-lifting, which facilitates the work in many details.
- What sounds so easy is often neglected in practice.
- But Sony wants to have belonged to the new PMW-EX1R exclusively on the users and offers the updated edition for the first time even the upper amateur.
- In the innovations was often on the suggestions and experience of EX1 users back.
Sony Ex1 Video Camera Tutorial
A crash course in the Sony PMW-EX1R video camera.
Radenthein Sony Pmw Exr Testvideo Xdcam Full Hd
Radenthein Sony, PMW EX1R, Full HD, Test, Video, Blumen, Sonnenuntergang, Picture Profile, Shot Transition,
Sony VCL-EX0877 0.8x Wide Angle Conversion Lens For PMW-EX1 And PMW-EX1R
Blade Inductrix Tiny Whoop 3.7V 200mah 30C Lipo Upgrade Battery (4pcs) + ARRIS 1S Lipo Battery Parallel Charger Board
Sony PMW-EX1 Professional Camcorder + Accessories
- Huge sensors are all the rage now, but despite my love for my C100, there’s no replacement for a great ENG lens like the one on the EX1, 14x f1.9 constant is just amazing.
- No it’s not the silly total blur you get from DSLRs, but guess what?
- I like just a bit of blur to get my subject to pop out of the background.
- Nothing in it’s comparable market comes close to this camera.
- Perfect 2nd camera for larger productions or 1st camera for lower budget docs.
- I’m a screenwriter and film director and formerly exclusively worked on 35mm and 16mm.
- I bought the PMW-EX1 in January 2008, shortly after its release and have just shot an arthouse feature film on it.
- This is undoubtedly the best thing since Super 16mm for filmmaking.
- In fact I prefer it to 35mm: if you set your scene up smartly, you need almost no lighting.
- It is light and manageable, so you do not need a huge camera crew.
- It was a pleasure filming and it was only possible to make a professional film this way because of the EX1.
- We tried to make flat, dreary images for the story – it’s hard to make ugly pictures with this camera :-).
- The SxS workflow is really easy and fast – you just need a fair amount of disk space.
- I am editing the whole picture on one of my 750 GB disks in Final Cut Studio 2 on my quad Mac.
- It’s a great camera and it will truly revolutionize low-budget arthouse filmmaking.
- And no more sleepless nights about negative scratches and hairs in the gate!!!
At the same time, one also notices how revolutionary the EX1 was at the time, as the basic concept of the camera still sets itself apart well from the competition two years later at virtually unchanged price. This also includes the fact that the expensive SxS cards got cheap offshoots...SubscriberGoo Photo - Devices Reviews & Features