Sony DCR-HC 96 E
- The picture quality could have turned out even more convincing.
- The buyer is compensated with an outstanding time lapse function.
- In addition, the extensive photo features are highlighted.
- Too bad that Panasonic in its top model on filmer features such as external audio recording or dispense the digital input.
- This pleases theers, because not always the new brooms return better, moreover, the cost price of 850 euros is now slumped by 200 euros.
- From multi-channel recordings, which were still possible with the last generation with an additional microphone, Sony is again rocked.
- The technically mature top cameras of the HC series are in 16: 9 recording mode at their best.
- Not only because the monitor format for widescreen recording invites, but also and above all because the quality is right.
- With a suggested retail price of 850 euros, the model DCR-HC96ed here is already in a mid-range position.
- Unfortunately, less and less devices are sold and offered at this price.
- criteria were image quality, sound quality and features.
Sony DCR-HC96 MiniDV Handycam test
Sony’s best ever consumer-grade MiniDV camcorder, from 2006-2007. Recorded 2/25/2012 (outdoor scenes) and 11/25/2013 (
Convert Old tapes to Digital with a Mini DV camcorder
How to use a Sony DCR-HC96 to convert Video 8, Hi 8, and VCR tapes to Digital to store in computer… If you dont have this
Sony ECMHST1 Stereo Microphone For DCR-HC96, DCR-DVD305, 405, 505, DCR-SR80, 100, HDR-HC3, HC5 & HDR-UX5 Camcorders
- It serves two functions, it records two different types of audio channels.
- But even with a good Handycam model that has a good microphone, there’s a limit to what it can do, so you would need an external microphone for more recording options.
- Some users have complained about the size of it sticking out on the camera and may reduce the portability of your Handycam.
- Overall, the microphone is very sturdy and well constructed for placing on top of your Handycam and doesn’t feel at all cheap or like it will break on your camera.
- It’s a solid purchase, and easily the best microphone out Sony’s line.
- This little microphone has made all the difference in the world in the sound quality of their live show videos.
- I tried all the settings on my camera to see if anything would help with the horrible distorted sound of the video, but nothing worked.
- I actually made this purchase based on another review that I saw on here, from someone who also wanted it for the same pupose.
- I’ve taped several concerts of theirs with the mic, and it’s 100% better.
- It’s small enough to fit in the camera case, or even just my purse!