Ricoh Theta S
- Practical is the ability to remotely control the Theta-S with the smartphone and photos or videos stored with the app directly via social media channels.
- The 360 degree photo quality and numerous setting options of the handy cam are first class.
- For professional use, however, the quality is not enough.
- On the other hand, the video quality is only conditionally recommendable and significantly worse than the picture quality of the photos.
- Before you buy, however, you should check whether the app runs smoothly on your smartphone.
- The Theta S is equipped with two lenses that face each other and each cover a field angle of 180 degrees.
- Composed there are spherical panoramas that represent a 360-degree prudence.
- So it is possible to record the entire environment with just one shot – as a photo and as a video.
- Video recordings are possible in Full HD resolution at 30 frames per second.
- The maximum recording time for a single clip is 25 minutes.
- The operation is simple and minimalist: At the camera housing is a button that can be used to switch between video and photo mode, also can be enabled Wi-Fi.
- Otherwise, the camera just has a large shutter that shoots photos and starts video recording.
- Ricoh provided App (iOS and Android) can then make settings such as white balance, exposure compensation and dynamic range.
- In addition, you can switch between different recording modes.
- Ricoh also provides an extra app for advanced editing, as well as software for viewing and correcting images and videos for PC and Mac.
- The recordings can also be shared via the common social networks.
- The internal memory of the camera is not particularly large with 8 GB dimensioned, especially since it can not be extended.
- However, Ricoh states that in high resolution, there are approximately 1,600 pictures in the internal memory and about 65 minutes of video in the highest resolution.
- In addition, a Hulle is available as an accessory that protects against, for example, splash water.
- YouTube smartphone app, this can then be considered as such, whereby the image can be changed by moving the smartphone.
- So, if the user wants to know what is happening to the left, to the right, or to the back of each frame, it just has to hold the smartphone in that direction.
- This gives the viewer the opportunity to interactively view the scene.
- The quality of the 360-degree videos, however, is significantly worse than that of the pictures.
- No wonder, after all, the resolution amounts to a total of “only” Full-HD, which in the normal case blo? must cover a much smaller angle.
- Conclusion Ricoh’s 360-degree camera offers a unique opportunity to capture situations and make them tangible to others.
- Unfortunately, this feeling is still trampled by the limited video resolution.
- In the case of photos, however, this looks quite different: if the former still lacked the necessary resolution to produce convincing pictures with sufficient detail, the Theta S does not deliver top quality, but at least impressive results.
360º Appraisal Of The Ricoh Theta S Camera
Ricoh Theta S | Camera | Review, Workflow, Tips Tricks
Here is my review and work flow for the Richo Theta S 360 camera. Make sure you subscribe for more videos like this 🙂 Richo Theta
Ricoh Theta Weather Proof, Clear (Theta Hard Case TH-2)
- Provides a tripod socket for attachment of various camera accessories.
Garmin Dash Cam 35 Standalone HD Driving Recorder With GPS 32GB MicroSD Card Bundle Includes Dash Cam 35, 32GB MicroSD Memory Card, Dual 12V Car Charger And Micro Fiber Cloth
- With a wide-angle lens it captures the entire road, and includes GPS for detailed time and location data, pinpointing exactly where and when events occurred.
- Rely on your Dash Cam 35 to capture excellent video detail in both bright or low-light conditions.
- Mount the camera to your windshield and record your drive in 1080p or 720p.
- Dash Cam records in a continuous loop, using the included replaceable and expandable up to 64 GB microSD card.
- Your Eyewitness That Never Blinks
No need to worry about starting and stopping.
- Incident Detection
Dash Cam features automatic Incident Detection (G-Sensor), so when an incident is detected, your camera knows to save the current, last and next recordings; thereby, preserving a complete record of the event.
- For a close-up view of vehicle or property damage, you can remove Dash Cam 35 from your vehicle and take snapshots.
- Driver Awareness Warnings
Dash Cam 35 features helpful driver awareness warnings to help encourage safer driving.
- The forward collision warning alerts if you drive too close to the car ahead.
- The red light and speed cameras warning alert you to nearby red light cameras or speed cameras.
Ricoh Theta V 360 Spherical Camera
- It supports the H.264 file format for video recording
Hi-res 360 Degree spherical stills & video with improvements to the image quality.
- The Theta V can connect to and be controlled by any Android or iOS-based smartphone or tablet using the Theta S app.
- A new and unique feature of the Theta V is that Ricoh will be able to create new functions for the camera via software plug-ins.
- The first of these plug-ins was developed by Ricoh and is already integrated into the phone.
- It enables the Theta V to deliver the world’s first remote playback capability in a commercially-marketed, fully spherical camera.
- The camera has a 4-channel microphone that supports 360 Degree spatial audio recording built into its body.
- Omnidirectional audio is recorded not just in the horizontal direction but also in the vertical direction, making it possible to reproduce sound and video as it was in the environment where the video was shot by linking 360 Degree video and audio together.
- Furthermore, using the dedicated accessory 3D Microphone TA-1 (optional) scheduled for launch with the camera will allow users to pick up natural sound with a large volume of information at low to high frequency.
Ricoh Theta S Digital Camera (Black)
- Since its launch last year as the world’s first image input device, the RICOH THETA has opened a new world of imaging possibilities.
- Users can shoot game changing new spherical images at any time, capturing more than they ever imagined.
- Usability has been improved with an elegant but practical sure-grip black rubber coating and handy face-mounted LED mode indicator.
- Also, superior image processing technology and bulb mode for long exposures produce spherical still images with less visual static, even in low-light settings.
- It has dual 12MP 1/2.3″ image sensors pair with bright f/2 twin lenses to capture high-resolution spherical images with sensitivity range from ISO 100-1600.