- This is enough for HD movies, but then too little for taking pictures.
- The optical 30x zoom of the WH1 does not change that, which can not exploit its potential under water anyway.
- Fist strap, adjustment possibilities, flashlight and 30x zoom allowed the ambitious filmmaker to shoot black for the Xacti.
- Battery life and reversible monitor hinge lift them far.
- On, in and also outside the water the performance is missing.
- Although most of the colors were still faithfully reproduced and the white balance worked perfectly.
- But the picture showed relatively strong image noise and it looked altogether flat – that is, the contrast was less good than in bright light when shooting.
- The photosensitivity of the WH1 can be increased, making the images in the actually brighter.
- Unfortunately, the image noise increased again with this function.
- Although the image quality in sub-water shots due to the relatively low sensitivity to light only average.
- Although the compactness of the SDR-SW21 pleased, but technically the Xacti VPC-WH1 is the better model, is the final assessment of the results.
- It resolves photos and videos higher and also uses a better compression method (H.264).
- In addition, the WH1 offers a flash that the Panasonic owner has to do without.
- Very handy is the function of the WH1, with a pure sound recording can be recorded.
- This allows the acoustic atmosphere of a turntable to be captured, which is very important for dubbing your own videos.
- For this purpose, autofocus and image stabilizer showed slight weaknesses and were neither fast nor particularly reliable.
- The editor was quite satisfied with the sound recordings of the SW21.
- The Sanyo Xacti VPC-WH1, however, could not always produce the desired image sharpness in the telephoto range.
- Colors were muted by him – the more powerful color representation of the Panasonic trumped here.
- Fast movements could be the WH1 clearer for this than the SW21.
- Underwater, theer found that, especially in the telephoto, hardly any good pictures are possible – neither with one nor with the other device.
- So it’s better to use the wide angle position.
- In addition, the Panasonic SW21 underwater always took on a mysterious humming.
- The soundtrack of underwater films must therefore always be reworked.
- For this, the Panasonic shone with its electronic viewfinder: it showed a higher-contrast image, which was better to see especially in the wet element.
- However, the more beautiful pictures were clearly provided by the Sanyo Xacti VPC-WH1.
- The image converter of the WH1 is a single CMOS sensor that measures 1/6 inch.
- It delivers frame rates of 30 or 60 frames per second.
- The lens offers a very large 30x optical zoom, but is still quite bright: Sanyo gives f-stops between 1.8 and 4.3.
- The shots can be viewed on a 2.5-inch display.
- Three meters under the water surfaceThe Sanyo Xacti VPC-WH1 is available in several bright colors: Yellow, Blue and White.
- Above all, the yellow variant is reminiscent of the actual purpose of the WH1: It is waterproof to a depth of three meters.
- But it is also recommended for whitewater or snowboarding: splashing water or similar is absolutely no danger and the fast frame rates and shutter speeds up to 1 / 10,000 second are well suited to record fast movements smoothly.
Sanyo Vpc Wh1 Hands On
www.geek.com/articles/gadgets/hands-on-sanyo–vpc–wh1-waterproof-camcorder-20090121/ We got a hands on with the
Sanyo Xacti Vpc Wh Outdoor Test
A first look at Sanyo’s new HD camcorder. This device shoots 720p (30 frames per second) video and its waterproof. You can take it
EMemoryCards 8GB Ultra Fast 90MB/s Memory Card For Sanyo Xacti VPC WH1 Camcorder | Class 10 SD SDHC
- RELIABLE: Built with the highest standard of manufacturing process to ensure quality.
- Operating temperature is between 0°C to 70°C and storage temperature is between -25°C to 85°C.
- Faster memory card affects the number frames you can shoot or the numbers photos you can take per second.
- This also enables continuous shooting (burst mode) using D-SLR camera.
We maintain highest standard of manufacturing and quality assurance process to ensure quality and reliability.
- These memory cards can be operated between 0°C to 70°C and can be stored between -25°C to 85°C.
- High End Controller for sustained speed and compatibility
high-end controller are used for the best compatibility and speed.
- A minimum guarantee sustained data transfer rate ensures smooth operations.
- BigBuild eMemoryCards are fully compliant with all applicable SD standards.